George M. Gardner, Jr., CPA, CPC
George has been a valuable member of the De Boer, Baumann & Company team since 1986 and has more than 30 years of accounting expertise to offer clients. He provides tax planning and compliance services to individuals and family owned businesses. He also advises clients on general business and accounting matters, as well as employee retirement plans. George serves clients in a broad range of industries but focuses a portion of his practice specifically on the agricultural industry, working with family-owned and managed farms.
George focuses on managing client relationships and derives great pleasure from working with owners of the businesses he serves in a manner that impacts their lives. He also contributes his philosophy of life to his work by serving his clients with integrity and diligence – values instilled by his parents and extended family throughout his entire life.
A lifelong resident of the Grand Haven area, George and his wife, Jane, live in Spring Lake with their dogs. He remains close with his family, especially his daughters who also live in the area. In his free time, George enjoys camping, motorcycling, and weightlifting.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Pension Consultant
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA)
- Spring Lake Rotary Past President
- Grand Haven Main Street DDA Recruitment & Retention Committee
- Grand Valley State University
- Master of Business Administration (1991)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (1983)
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Tax Planning and Advising for Family Owned and Managed Businesses
- General Business Consulting
- Employee Retirement Plans