Anne M. Porter, CPA
Anne has always loved the symmetry of debits and credits, having been inspired by her high school accounting teacher to pursue the profession. She began her career with DeBoer, Baumann & Company and became a Member in 2014. Anne currently works in both tax and auditing with not-for-profit organizations, construction firms, and manufacturing and distribution companies. She is the firm’s expert for corporate SALT assistance.
Dedicated to her clients, Anne believes integrity and a drive to exceed expectations is the secret to success. She applies the theme of JFK’s inaugural address to all areas of her life – always asking how she can be of service to others and work towards the greater good. In addition to serving her clients through all phases of their businesses, Anne also spends her time giving back to her community through a variety of volunteer efforts, including using her accounting expertise.
In her spare time, Anne enjoys spending time outdoors – golfing, kayaking and going to the beach. She is close with her brother and his family, who live in Berrien Springs, Michigan, where they both grew up, and her parents, who now live in Holland. Anne’s favorite time of year is Tulip Time, when the city celebrates its Dutch heritage with an eight day festival.
- Certified Public Accountant
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA)
- Grand Valley State University Alumni Association
- Kids Food Basket – Holland Advisory Council
- Ready for School
- Board of Directors, Treasurer
- Tulip Time Festival
- Former Treasurer (2010 – 2015)
- Grand Valley State University
- Bachelor of Business Administration (1996)
Areas of Expertise:
- Tax Planning and Advising
- Individual and Corporate Taxes
- Multi-State and Local Tax Issues
- Audit and Assurance Services
- Corporations and Partnerships
- Not-for-profit Organizations