George M. Gardner, Jr., CPA, CPC
George joined the DeBoer, Baumann & Company team in 1986. In addition to serving individuals and family owned businesses with tax planning and compliance, George advises clients with their general business concerns. He also provides consulting services to clients with employee retirement plans. While George serves a broad range of small business clients, he also focuses a portion of his practice on clients in the agriculture industry, serving farms and their owners, whether they are still family-owned or managed, or are part of a larger farm organization.
George brings more than 30 years of accounting experience to his role with the firm. He also contributes his philosophy of life to his work by serving his clients with integrity and diligence – values instilled by his parents and extended family throughout his entire life.
A lifelong resident of the Grand Haven area, George and his wife, Jane, live in Spring Lake, Michigan, with their dogs. He remains close with his family, especially his daughters who also live in the area. In his free time, George enjoys camping, motorcycling, and weightlifting.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Pension Consultant
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA)
- Grand Valley State University
- Master of Business Administration (1991)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (1983)
Areas of Expertise:
- Tax Planning and Advising for Family Owned and Managed Businesses
- General Business Consulting
- Employee Benefit Plan Audits