George M. Gardner, Jr., CPA, CPC
Since 1986, George has been a valuable member of the De Boer, Baumann & Company team. He offers tax planning and compliance services to individuals and family-owned businesses, and also advises clients on general business concerns and employee retirement plans. George serves clients in a broad range of industries, but focuses a portion of his practice specifically on the agricultural niche. He serves both farms that are family-owned or managed and farms that are members of larger farm organizations.
George brings more than 30 years of accounting experience to his role with the firm. He also contributes his philosophy of life to his work by serving his clients with integrity and diligence – values instilled by his parents and extended family throughout his entire life.
A lifelong resident of the Grand Haven area, George and his wife, Jane, live in Spring Lake, Michigan, with their dogs. He remains close with his family, especially his daughters who also live in the area. In his free time, George enjoys camping, motorcycling, and weightlifting.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Pension Consultant
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA)
- Grand Valley State University
- Master of Business Administration (1991)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (1983)
Areas of Expertise:
- Tax Planning and Advising for Family Owned and Managed Businesses
- General Business Consulting
- Employee Benefit Plan Audits