Laura Hayward, CPA
Laura has been with De Boer, Baumann & Company since 2005, though she has more than 30 years of experience as a CPA. She provides tax services for family-owned businesses in the South Haven area, especially those in the manufacturing and agricultural industries.
Laura is described by her colleagues as honest and dedicated. She believes that caring about people and helping them whenever possible is what has made her successful in life. She was inspired to pursue the accounting profession by the detail and complexity of the work, which she has always enjoyed.
A native of South Haven, Laura moved away for 20 years, but then returned to be closer to family. Her favorite things about living in South Haven are the beach and the great people in the community.
- Certified Public Accountant
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA)
- South Haven Community Foundation
- Board of Directors
- Women Who Care
- Founding Member of South Haven Chapter
- Kiwanis Club of South Haven
- Past Chapter President
- Central Michigan University
- Master of Science in Accounting (1986)
- Michigan Technological University
- Bachelor of Science in Metallurgical Engineering (1982)
Areas of Expertise:
- Tax Planning and Compliance
- Individual and Corporate Taxes
- Family-Owned and Closely Held Businesses