Mark A. Veenstra, CPA, CGMA
Mark has been with De Boer, Baumann & Company for his entire career. He joined the firm 30 years ago, upon graduating from Grand Valley State University and earning his CPA license. He has been managing member of the firm since 2005.
In addition to working with trusts and estates, Mark serves third tier OEM manufacturers and construction subcontractors. He also specializes in working with family-owned businesses. Mark is described by his peers as logical and a good listener. He believes that a happy life comes from doing what is right for clients, staff, and community.
Mark grew up on the northwest side of Grand Rapids with his two sisters and three brothers. He always liked numbers and thought accounting would be a great career. Mark enjoys anything outdoors, especially hunting and kayaking. His favorite thing about working in Holland is that all the people are friendly.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA)
- Member of Accounting and Auditing Task Force
- Pathways, MI
- Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
- Treasurer, West Michigan Chapter
- Grand Valley State University
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting (1986)
Areas of Expertise:
- Management Consulting Services
- Tax Planning and Advising for Family Owned and Managed Businesses
- Trusts and Estates
- Partnerships and Corporations
- Private Foundations
- Audit and Assurance Services
- Not-for-Profit Organizations
- Public and Charter Schools